Home > Blue Screen > Xp Blue Screen - Video Card Problem?

Xp Blue Screen - Video Card Problem?

Contents

BSoDs mainly occurred during the Windows XP and Vista days because of faulty or poorly coded device drivers. Make sure the offending application's sound options are configured correctly -- it's especially important that it uses the correct audio device -- and download any patches available that address known issues. It will be shipped to me by Tuesday. Page 1 of 4 1 23 > Last » 15 Feb 2011 #1 Eblim Windows 7 Home Premium x64 159 posts Eagle River, Alaska Graphics Card Cause Multiple http://upxpress.net/blue-screen/windows-xp-blue-screen-problem.php

While trying to demonstrate how easy it is to install a scanner via USB, the system crashed into a BSoD in front of a live audience. Skip to Main Content Search Help Tips Dictionary History Forums Contact You are here: Help > Operating System > Microsoft Windows Help How to fix the Windows blue screen errors Before Please reference my List of Blue Screen Error Codes for individual STOP code troubleshooting steps. Read Article Article Have a BSOD With a 0x0000007B Code?

Graphics Card Blue Screen Windows 7

When you have the CD ready, follow these steps: Insert the CD Boot into the CD Press R for Recovery Console Type in the administrator password Hit Enter Type the following Show Full Article Article Blue Screens of Death (BSOD): Everything You Need to Know Read Article Article Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Codes... Loading... Windows Error Messages Basics Maintenance Symptoms by Tim Fisher Updated January 17, 2017 A Blue Screen of Death, also called a STOP Error, will appear when an issue is so serious

Modern graphics cards chuck out a lot of heat. Upgrade power supply If you are using a desktop PC, try upgrading your computer's power supply. Keep computer and video card adequately cool Overheating can cause your video card's chipset to lock up, so make sure your PC and your video card are adequately cooled. Blue Screen Error In Windows Xp Installation Add to Want to watch this again later?

If you contact Microsoft for technical assistance, they’ll want to know the contents of this file.Stop CodeThe “technical information” section portion contains the actual Windows stop code, in oh-so-easy-to-read hexadecimal form. How To Fix Blue Screen Error In Windows 7 If your computer starts successfully it proves that one of the removed hardware devices was the cause of the STOP message.Tip: Typically, the only necessary hardware for starting your PC through Choose your Windows version (XP, Vista, 7 or 8) before you go to download Burn the image. With a PATA drive, remove the ribbon cable and look for any bent or broken pins.

Password Advanced Search Show Threads Show Posts Advanced Search Go to Page... How To Fix A Computer Blue Screen Hey, At Least It's Free! These were the main causes of crashes prior to Windows 7, so it makes sense that BSoDs are now rare.Notice we said "rare" and not "non-existent." That's because you might still Driver Easy 5.1.6 Released!

How To Fix Blue Screen Error In Windows 7

Whether on the internet or even playing solitaire the screen will freeze and/or go to the blue screen within 10 minutes (everytime). In most cases, the file system will be NTFS. Graphics Card Blue Screen Windows 7 Sign in to add this video to a playlist. Windows Xp Blue Screen On Startup Fingers crossed that it was your card causing all the problems.

BAD_POOL_HEADER DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA STATUS_IMAGE_CHECKSUM_MISMATCH THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP UNKNOWN_HARD_ERROR Fatal exceptions Many of the blue screen error messages you'll encounter with earlier versions of Windows will be fatal see here For example, in the above error, it is STOP: 0x00000019 ... Blue screen errors Windows NT, 2000, XP, Vista, and later versions of Windows have a blue screen error that is similar to the example shown below. After that, you can successfully use Windows again. Blue Screen After Installing New Graphics Card

Check that there's enough free space left on the drive Windows is installed on. You can fix the 0xC0000218 error by trying any of the following methods covered below: Method #1: Run the chkdsk /p command You need your original installation CD for this procedure. The actual name of the error is presented in all caps with an underscore between each word. this page I was told that it was most likely my graphics card driver, which it's not considering I'm using the computer with only my integrated graphics card now.

What's with all the hate? Blue Screen Error In Windows Xp Physical Memory Dump It's the only way we'll be able to dig down to what's really causing it. Clean Your Video Card Cooler! - Duration: 7:53.

To do this, many enthusiasts turn to the torture test named Prime95 .

If that fixes the blue screen, you can search for updated drivers or contact the manufacturer.If you haven't installed any new drivers recently, you'll need to do some more detective work. Thanks. I see change, and I hate change! How To Fix Blue Screen Windows 7 Tip: If you are experiencing a completely blue or light blue screen with no text or error message, your computer may have a bad video card or monitor, resulting in only

It usually happens when I am skipping parts in a video - then my PC gets stuck, and after few seconds I get this popup message: The following plugin has stopped share|improve this answer edited Dec 1 '12 at 8:36 amiregelz 4,79593147 answered Jun 17 '12 at 10:37 lime 25628 This is assuming that the problem is tied to Flash Well, That Explains Steam OS! Get More Info From the Desktop or in the Windows Start menu, right-click on My Computer or Computer.

Reboot the computer, holding down the F8 key to enter safe mode. How do I calm a frustrated 6-year-old? Please try again. Roll Back device driver to version prior to your driver update.

That said, Samsung couldn't have been too happy that this electronic ad that crashed into a BSoD, though it obviously didn't prevent the company from selling a quintillion phones since then. Replace video card  If the video card is damaged, the problem would occur. I called Microsoft many times and they repeatedly told me it's a major graphics card failure (90% probability of Video Card, 10% Other). We’re going to show you how to dissect the blue screen error details, so you can fix the problem that’s causing them.BSoD 101: A Crash CourseError NameThere are many parts to

You have no choice but to sigh loudly, shake your fist at Bill Gates and angrily push the reset button. Why? Here's How to Fix That Read Article Article Have a BSOD With a 0x00000017 Code? When an error occurs in Windows, the OS adds a note to the system's log files.

Fix #5: Reboot into Last Known Good Configuration The Last Known Good Configuration mode can solve issues caused by an incorrect or misconfigured driver.